Friday, November 16, 2007

My Favourite Kueh...


Wow... It's been so long since my last posting. Therefore I have to post something special for my viewers. I am so sorry for not writting but there's so many things happened in my life for the past few months. I have been running around here and there; and my mind is always else where. I did experiments many recipes but just can't find the time to share them here. Again, I would like to appologize to my viewers.

So for today, I would like to share my mum's recipe calls Kueh Seri Muka. I did this kueh in fasting for the very first time without my mum's supervision and succeded. What a relief!... Perghhh... Luckily my hubby said that it taste just like my mum's kueh but the color was a bit pale. I know, I know, I know.... Here is the recipe and do try...

My Mum's Kueh Seri Muka

Ingredients:
Bottom layer

Glutinous rice ~ washed and soak overnight
2 cups thick coconut milk
1 cup thin coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt

Top layer :

3 cups coconutmilk (include the pandan extract but the liquid MUST not exceed 3 cups)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar

Method :

1. Drain the glutinous rice. Add in the coconut milk to the glutinous rice and pour them into the tray.
2. Steam for 20 minutes. Remove tray from steamer and use a fork to stir the rice. Steam again for another 10 minutes.
3. While waiting for the rice, mix all the ingredients for the top layer. I used a whisker to do this. Another option is, you can just place everything in a blender and blend them together.
4. Remove the tray from the steamer and press the cooked rice with the back of a spoon to level it. Stim for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove the tray from the steamer and pour a bit of the top layer mixture and spread it on the rice. Steam for about 2 minutes before pouring the rest of the top layer mixture on top.
6. Steam for 30 minutes or until the top layer does not feel sticky any more.
7. Leave to cool before cutting.

* Edit from mama Fami's recipe... Sorry mama..

No comments: