Monday, December 10, 2007

Fruits Tartlets...


Hmm... This are my 1st trial and I did it on my son's 1st birthday gathering@kenduri akikah. Ni kira macam percubaan berani mati ooo.... I did the shells earlier to ensure less hustle on the occasion day but I was wrong, why? The shells safe my life yes, but my caterer forgot to send the chairs and tables for my kenduri. What a disaster!... They did sent it at last but some sort of 3 hours late than my schedule. I pity my guests for waiting so long. But when my guests said food are perfect and tasty, all of my disappointment melt away. So let me share this lovely recipe that I get from http://yt5486.fotopages.com or hellikonia's fotopages.

Fruit Tarlets


Tart Shells:
500g all purpose flour
120g icing sugar
2 medium size eggs
200g cold butter

Methods:
1. Mixed well flour and sugar
2. Add in butter and mixed until it form crumbs
3. Add in the eggs and mixed until form dough
4. Keep dough in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before using it
5. Pinch the dough using your fingers into the tart mould until required thickness about 2mm.
6. Trim the the edge with knife
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 170 C

Custard filling:
I used Bird's Custard flour and just follow the recipe on the tin. Make sure both the shells and custard are at room temperature before you assemble them together. Fill the custard and arrange any of your favourite fruits on top of the custard. I used slices mangoes, dragon fruits, kiwis and grapes. Brush some gelatin on the fruits to remain freshness.


No comments: