Resipi dari website David Rocco..
Pasta Alla Norma
1 lb penne rigate pasta (450g) - Can used other pasta as well
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (59ml), plus extra for deep-frying eggplant
1/2 white onion, chopped
14 oz tin peeled plum tomatoes (400g)
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed - I used normal brinjals
fresh basil leaves, torn
ricotta salata cheese, freshly grated for sprinkling - I used grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the penne in a pot of boiling salted water. Stir to prevent from sticking together. While pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
2. In a saucepan heat up 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Gently sautí onions until tender, then add plum tomatoes and liquid from the tin. With the back of a wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes into little chunks.
4. Add salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
5. In another pan, fry the eggplant until golden and drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
6. Drain the pasta approximately 2 minutes before the pasta al dente stage and add to the saucepan.
7. Finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. Add the fried eggplant, basil leaves and sprinkle with ricotta salata.
8. Mix together well in the saucepan so that the pasta and the sauce are well amalgamated.Ö Be careful not to overcook the pasta.
9. Plate, sprinkle extra ricotta salata on top and serve immediately.
Serve 4 person